Ingredients you need
- green chillies 2, seeded and finely chopped
- coriander finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- soft cheese 2 tbsp
- Kenblest white bread 4 slices
- strong cheddar 4 thick slices
Method / Directions
- Mix the chillies, coriander and garlic into the soft cheese with a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry two slices of bread until they’re lightly browned, then take them out. Add more butter and fry the next two slices of bread. Turn them over and put 1 slice of cheese onto each, then spoon half of the cream cheese mix on top of each one. Add another slice of cheese to each and press them down to squash the cream cheese outwards. Add the two first pieces of bread browned-side down.
- Fry the sandwich until the pieces of bread on the base are brown, then add more butter and flip the sandwiches over. Keep frying, pressing down on the bread. Once the bread is browned all over, and the cheese inside looks melted, take the sandwiches out and slice them in half.